Question by lindiejon: Can you be cetified as an interpreter for the indifferent without a college degree?
I have a hearing inpaired child and am a so so signer and working very hard on being better. My question is there any type of certification I can obtain to work with the deaf,I would expecially like to work with children. But in my mid 4os going back to school would be hard. I had a VR rep tell me there is a certifcation via Rid I could get my was not sure what it would require for N.C.

Best answer:

Answer by S i r i
not likely…most have to have a two year degree MINIMUM in order to work with deaf

What do you think? Answer below!