With Google Translate, language is no longer a barrier. Google Translate is a free automatic tool from Google that currently supports 42 languages. As with any automatic translator, the result is not perfect, but it’s good enough to give the reader an idea of what the original text is talking about. By installing the Google Translate widget on your blog, you can give your visitors the opportunity to translate your site instantly into any of the supported languages. You can install the widget in five simple steps.
1. To go to the Google Translate home page, type in the address box of your browser http://translate.google.com.
2. You will see a menu with four items: Home, Text and Web, Translated Search, Tools. Go to the last one (Tools).
3. On the new page, you will see a dropdown box from which you can select the language of your website. The default language is English. So if your website is written in English, you can skip this step and go to the next one.
4. On the left-hand side you will see a preview of the widget. Here you can get an idea of how it will look like and even try it to see how it works. To translate the Google page you are on, select a language from the widget (other than English). To go back to the original page, use the Back button on your browser.
5. Copy the HTML code provided and paste it on your blog where you want the widget to appear.
It’s that easy!
Written by Mariana Wilson