By Judith Orloff, M.D.
Your dreams can reveal many truths about your life. They can provide extraordinary intuitive insights, give you information that can help your health, love life and career. You’d be surprised at the straightforward advice that your dreams give, either spontaneously or on request.
You are in partnership with your dreams. Initiate an ongoing dialogue with them. It’s wishing consulting the wise old-time family doctor you tin imagine who knows you indoors out. You tin ask your dreams anything-even what seems most impossible. No question is trivial if it is meaningful to you. Expect answers. Some will be direct. Others may require interpretation.
Dreams can keep you well. Dreams provide answers. But first you must retrieve them. Here are my four strategies to remember your dreams
• Keep a journal and pen by your bed.
• Write a question on a piece of paper before you go to sleep. Formalize your request. Place it on a table beside your bed or under your pillow.
• In the morning do not wake up too fast. Stay under the covers for at least a few minutes remembering your dream. Luxuriate in a peaceful feeling between sleep and wake, what scientists call the hypnagogic state. Those initial moments provide a doorway.
• Open your eyes. Write down your dream immediately; otherwise it will evaporate. You may recall a face, object, color, or scenario, feel an emotion. It doesn’t matter if it makes perfect sense-or if you retrieve a single image or many. Record everything you remember.
When you’re finished, refocus on the question you enquire the previous night. See how your dream applies. One, two, or more impressions about the who/what/where of your solution may have surfaced. Get in the habit of recording your dreams regularly. Be guaranteed I’ve never met anyone who can’t be instruct how to retrieve. Keep at it. Remember to practise. Soon it will become second nature to you!
In addition to the practical aspects of remembering dreams, there’s an intuitive level to understanding dreams. Reliable intuitive information stands out in very specific ways. Watch for these clues:
• Statements that simply convey information
• Neutral segments that evoke or convey no emotion
• A detached feeling, caring you’re a witness watching a scene
• A voice or person counseling you, as if you’re taking dictation from an outside source
• Conversations with people you never met before who give instructions.
I’ve found that my most dead-on intuitions either come across as compassionate or have no emotion at all. Develop a careful eye as you practice separating the content of your dreams from your reactions to it. Soon you’ll be able to tell what is reliable guidance and what is not.
Be cognisant that your dreams go by different rules than your waking life. Get ready for an object shift. Physical laws no longer apply. Gravity changes. In dreams you can fly!
Please join me for “Dr. Orloff’s Living Room Series” to find out more about the special method I recommend to remember your dreams and other topic that will help you build the power within. Stop by http://www.youtube.com/judithorloffmd anytime.
© Judith Orloff, M.D., 2007
Judith Orloff, M.D is a board certified psychiatrist, energy and intuition expert, and author of the bestselling books “Positive Energy,” “Guide to Intuitive Healing” and “Second Sight.” She is also an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at UCLA with a private practice in Los Angeles. Known for her ability to synthesize the pearls of traditional medicine with cutting edge knowledge of intuition and energy, she passionately believes that the future of medicine involves integrating all this wisdom to achieve emotional freedom and total wellness. Subscribe to her free E-newsletter at www.drjudithorloff.com.
FREE VIDEO MINI COURSES ON YOUTUBE: She recently launched “Dr. Orloff’s Living Room Series,” a yearlong series of FREE video mini-coursed on youtube.com based on the materials in her bestselling books.
Step into her living room at http://www.youtube.com/judithorloffmd. The series will be composed of many easy to follow, inspiring, short video classes designed to help you build the power within, and to offer expert information and inspiration you can immediately put to use in your life! The first course is “The Art of Remembering and Interpreting Dreams” in which Dr. Orloff guides you through the special method she recommends to remember your dreams. You can also learn how to “Tap Into Your Intuition” and discover the “Sacredness of Energy.”
Article from articlesbase.com