Translation is an originative processing of language that can be applied to a broad variety of fields. Translation has elements of both okay art and accurate science. By selecting the correct words in the target language, a full translation expresses the nuances behind the choice of words in the source language without alteration. The translator must go beyond the appearance and find the exact meaning and truthful intent of the document to be rendered. Ultimately, the message loses if the translation process is not of an eminent received.
The Essentials of Translation:
Translation is essentially a decision-making process that requires a combination of language ability, subject-specific knowledge, perception, and research skills. Every two languages have certain linguistic gaps between them, which can make translation a very difficult process. These gaps include “false friends”, terms which are the same in two languages yet have different connotations or meanings. Translators have to be aware of such pitfalls, in order to be able to produce a satisfactory target text.
Quality of Translation:
The quality of a translation depends principally on:
• The quality of the source document. A translator who is given a poorly written document to translate may provide an equally poor translation.
• The translator’s knowledge of the specific subject.
• The source language and target language proficiency of the translator
• The perception and interpretation skills of the translator
• The quality checks of the translation
The translator plays a vital role in the process. He assumes a large part of the responsibility for the final result of the translation. A formal qualification is not necessarily a guarantee of a good translator. A genuine interest for the language is essential and cannot be taught. There are many other norms which decide the quality of the translation. A translation tinned be considered high quality if it satisfies the following criteria:
• The essence and context of the original text remains in the translated version.
• The content of the source text has been delivered completely and correctly in the target language.
• The contents have been adapted to suit the linguistic, cultural and statutory conditions. A reader should not notice that the manual is a translated one.
• The translation is comprehensive, without orthographic and grammatical errors.
• There is no ambiguity with respect to terminology.
• It is consistent with previous and parallel translation projects.
• The translation is delivered on time.
• The translated document serves the purpose just as well as the source language document.
These are the essentials that play a vital in judging the success of a translation project.
Allegro is a Norwegian translation services providing firm that provides translation and interpretation services to and from European and other languages. Allegro is a leading and reputed Norwegian Translator service, offering its expertise to clients worldwide. customer needs.
Article from articlesbase.com