Question by Misty B: What is the difference between ASL and Interpreter Cert?
I would like to get a degree in interpretation for the deaf, but i am not sure if i should apply for the ASL licensure or the Interpretation degree. Does anyone know the difference or can advise which would be the best path to take?

Best answer:

Answer by zaleonia1
If you want to interpert, you should get the interpretation degree. You usually have to have some kind of cert to work as an interperter. Also, just like any other language, there is a differance between conversational ASL (how are you? What did you do today? ect.) and interpreting for say a Dr. appointment or a court hearing. Good luck.

Give your answer to this question below!