Question by UncertainFollower: What steps should I take in college to become an interpreter?
i want to become a korean-japanese-english translator, and I have been teaching myself both Japanese and korean for 3 years and am semi-fluent.. but I have no clue where to go when I get into college [next year] in order to get this career..

Best answer:

Answer by Joel B
well, you need to go to school in Japan or Korea via an American university. that’s what you need to do. The military is a good place to go, but I don’t know how much demand they have for Korean and Japanese. Too bad it’s not Farsi and Arabic. And good luck on becoming a translator. It’s not lucrative… It may aid you in business, but I wouldn’t make it my career track. More power to you for learning it, and maybe you can teach it, but it will be difficult for you to do just that.

Add your own answer in the comments!