Question by orion_moonroses: What to do/study to go a nonrecreational interpreter/translator?
i desire to be a nonrecreational interpreter/translator; what can I do best? study a language?for example:study slavic languages —-> master in russian —-> utilize at a translators bureau like KERN or something?

Best answer:

Answer by Diet Pepsi Max Fan
First, the answer probably depends on the country where you destine to work.In translation and interpretation, there is a lot of freelance work. In that case, experience and reputation alone will get you intermeshed. If you desire a job, you will necessitate a degree. A degree in translation or in Linguistics is a wiser choice than in some type of social studies programme much as Slavic languages, like you advert. Second, experience, knowledge of the language and composing abilities will be incumbent. Obviously this would be antithetic as an interpreter.Fewer and fewer people actually cognize how to compose. Linguistic skills are belittling and no one has the patience to scan and write properly anymore. The older generation of translators is retiring and the fresh comers have restricted culture, knowledge and language skills. Many companies are clambering to happen qualified translators

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!